Salutations, reader! What’s going on?
I’ve made a decision. You know how last week, I dedicated my post entirely to the Percy Jackson books? Well, I’ve decided to make that into a trilogy: I’ll do two more posts (today’s and the next one) about two of my other favorite book series. Today, I’m going to address what is arguably one of the best series of all time, and what is definitely the most well-known: Harry Potter.
The Harry Potter series by Joanne Kathleen Rowling (pen name J. K. Rowling) is comprised of seven wonderful book, which are:
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
In addition to those, an eighth book, called Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, is to be released on Harry’s birthday this year! For all of you non-Harry-Potter-geeks, that’s July 31, 2016. Huzzah! Huzzah!
The three main characters are Harry Potter (obviously), Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley. I am challenging myself to make an A-Z list of characters from the series!
- Albus Dumbledore
- Bellatrix Lestrange
- Cornelius Fudge
- Draco Malfoy
- Emeric the Evil
- Fenrir Greyback
- Ginny Weasley
- Harry Potter!
- Igor Karkaroff
- Joey Jenkins
- Lucius Malfoy
- Minerva McGonagall
- Narcissa Malfoy
- Octavius Pepper
- Penelope Clearwater
- Quirinus Quirrell
- Rubeus Hagrid
- Severus Snape
- Ted Tonks
- U- ?
- Voldemort (gasp! I said the name!!)
- Wendelin the Weird
- Xenophilius Lovegood
- Zacharius Smith
Ack! Does anyone know any that start with U?!? Please comment and let me know!
Now, for this post, I have pulled out my World of Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit game, and I invite YOU to play along with me! I shall post some trivia questions, ranging from simple to very specific, and then I will link to a page with the answers. Here are the questions(randomly picked):
- In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, who impersonates Alastor “Mad-Eye” Moody in order to enter Harry into the Triwizard Tournament?
- This imposter turns Draco Malfoy into what sort of animal?
- What is the name of the reverse-spell effect that happens when twin wand cores duel, as occurred between Harry and Voldemort in the graveyard?
- What spell does Harry perform that causes him to have a disciplinary hearing at the Ministry of Magic?
- Who are the four students chosen to compete in the Triwizard Tournament?
- What is written on Dobby’s gravestone?
- What are the phrases that activate and deactivate the Marauder’s Map?
- What are the names written on the Marauder’s Map, and who do they refer to?
- What sort of spells are Gilderoy Lockhart gifted at, which allow him to take credit for others’ work?
- What employees do Harry and Hermione impersonate to infiltrate the Ministry of Magic, and what potion do they use to do so?
- How and where did Moaning Myrtle die?
- What is the profession of Hermione’s parents?
- After Dumbledore’s death, who is the true master of the Elder Wand?
- What is Voldemort’s true name?
- What are the initials on the fake locket, and what do they stand for?
And for extra credit…
- What “spell” does Ron use on the Hogwarts Express to try to turn Scabbers yellow?
- What is the name of the orphanage in which Albus Dumbledore finds the young Voldemort?
- Name three books by Gilderoy Lockhart.
Click here for the answers!
Alrighty then! I suppose that I will just end with a song. Here it is:
See ya, reader!