Good afternoon, reader! It’s definitely been a long time. Today, I shall discuss what is basically my favorite thing in the universe, and that is:
(Isn’t that so pretty? I love it!)
Anyhoo. So first, I will provide a little info about who I think are the best singers/bands ever! Then, I will make a list of songs that aren’t by any of those bands/singers, but that I love. Ready? Okay! *realizes that that sounded like a cheer* Oh well. *waves pom-poms that have magically appeared out of thin air because hey, it’s the Internet and I can do what I want*
ANYWAY. First up, because I am physically incapable of saving the best for last:
- Real Name: Ashley Nicolette Frangipane
- Age: 21
- Albums: Room 93 (2014); Badlands (2015)
- Best Song: That, friends, is an impossible question. There are FAR too many that I adore to choose only one. So, in no particular order: Hold Me Down; Castle; Control; Ghost; New Americana; Colors; and Roman Holiday.
2. Christina Perri
- Real Name: Christina Judith Perri
- Age: 29
- Albums: Lovestrong (2011); Head or Heart (2014)
- Best Song: Again, impossible. These ones: The Words; Jar of Hearts; Human; Arms; Distance; I Believe; Burning Gold; and A Thousand Years.
3. The Script
- Real Names: Danny O’Donoghue; Mark Sheehan; Glen Power
- Ages: 36; 39; 37
- Albums: The Script (2008); Science and Faith (2010); #3 (2012); No Sound Without Silence (2014)
- Best Songs (I’ll just add the “s” now) : The Man Who Can’t Be Moved; Nothing; If You Ever Come Back; Six Degrees of Separation; and Breakeven.
4. The Goo Goo Dolls
- Real Names: John Rzeznik; Robby Takac; Mike Malinin
- Ages: 50; 51; 48
- Albums: Jed (1989); Hold Me Up (1990); Superstar Car Wash (1993); A Boy Named Goo (1995); Dizzy Up The Girl (1998); Gutterflower (2002); Let Love In (2006); Waiting For the Rest of It (2010); Something For The Rest of Us (2010); Magnetic (2013); Boxes (2016)
- Best Song: Iris
- Real Name: Alecia Beth Moore
- Age: 36
- Albums: Missundaztood (2001); Try This (2003); Can’t Take Me Home (2005); I’m Not Dead (2006); Funhouse (2008); Greatest Hits…So Far!!! (2010); The Truth About Love (2012)
- Best Songs: Perfect; Please Don’t Leave Me; Try; Who Knew; So What; Raise Your Glass; Glitter in the Air; Just Like Fire; and Blow Me (One Last Kiss).
And now, the songs I love that aren’t by these people!
***DISCLAIMER: This is but a tiny sampling of the songs I’m addicted to! If I wrote them all, well, it would take an eternity.***
- 7 Years by Lukas Graham
- First by Cold War Kids
- Hypnotic by Zella Day
- Scarecrow by Alex & Sierra
- Viva la Vida by Coldplay
- Leave a Trace by CHVRCHES
- You Ruin Me by the Veronicas
- Mr. Brightside by The Killers
- Fight For What’s Right by the Rua
- Long Way Down by Robert DeLong
- Adia by Sarah McLachlan
- Cecilia and the Satellite by Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
- Sanctuary by Gareth Emery & Lucy Saunders
- Lost Boy by Ruth B.
- Stars by Grace Potter & the Nocturnal
- Learn Me Right by Birdy
- Too Close by Alex Clare
- Pictures of You by The Cure
- 1,000 Ships by Rachel Platten
- Here’s To Us by Halestorm
- Love Song by Sara Bareilles
- King of Anything by Sara Bareilles
- Bottle It Up by Sara Bareilles
- Waiting For Superman by Daughtry
- What About Now by Daughtry
- Come Along by Vicci Martinez
- ….and 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 more that I don’t have time to write 😦
I encourage you, reader, to listen to these GREAT songs….and comment on this post with your own favorites, because I’d love to hear from you!
Until next time!